In attempt to catch up on months of neglect here’s my bullet point summary of Chapter 13.
- There is no way on Earth I would allow someone called Talinga to cut my hair. Never going to happen.
- Hairdressers shouldn’t play matchmaker. Mine tried once. Never again. Why do they think that because they know your hair, they know who’s right for you?
- Paul’s too normal.
- Meeting Dexter whilst on date – awkward!
- Exes don’t discuss maybes, good try Dex.
- Defective cameras – wanna bet this becomes a story point somewhere along the line bringing some great clarity to Remy’s life.
- Don bellows at her mum – ditch him, Barbara!
Okay I can’t dot point her discussion with her mother about the past marriages. I like that Barbara shares her view point that a string of failed relationships is better than having been alone all that time. I don’t know if I agree but I can see where she is coming from. I don’t however, see how she can classify Don as being nice to her. Bellowing doesn’t equal nice.
- Paul is still too nice.
- I love that Lissa talks positively about both Dexter and Paul. She truly sees the best in people, or is that just boys?
- It’s nice to see Remy doing a favour for Lucas despite not being with Dexter anymore. I like that she was inordinately interested in events at the little yellow house and of the band. She’s not moving on.
- Barbara’s atypical conclusion to her romance novel has Remy wondering if she’s preaching to settle. Is that what Barbara has chosen to do with Don? I suspect that she has.
A Note from Adele
Check out www.iheartdaily.com from some girly goodness.
I will try and get a podcast out asap. I promised last time and made a liar of myself, so I will just say I will try this time.
I have not asked Sarah if she would be willing to do an interview regarding This Lullaby as yet. I will enquire soon, perhaps after Christmas. Should you have anything you are curious about please email me at email@example.com.