Two great ladies brought together by their wonderful words and Chapel Hill. I have heard so much about this place now that I am very keen to visit.
What we now know about Along for the Ride…
- The protagonist is a little older than Sarah’s typical characters.
- She’s suffering from insomnia since her parent’s marriage breakdown.
- She’s moving in with her father, his new wife and their baby.
- Adventures will take place while she’s taking in the night.
- Set in Colby (same location as Keeping the Moon) and as such is a Lakeview-free zone.
- There will be character crossovers from her other novels.
- Will be released on June 11, 2009 at this stage.
Sarah mentions this interview on her blog. I didn’t actually notice the nodding as I was trying to figure out the name of the protagonist, as the audio made it a little difficult. Was it Auden? Or Autumn?
If you are unfamiliar with Melissa Walker, I would definitely recommend that you check out her books from the Violet series and her blog as well. She is a lovely lady who really takes the time to interact with her readers. Melissa also has a youtube channel all of her own that you should definitely check out. On a personal note Melissa took the time to check out this site and responded to my emails. She is an absolute gem. Go and buy/borrow her books pronto!